Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Journey to the Dark Side 3: The Light at the End of the Tunnel

After complaining about the problems I was having making the transition to Mac, I decided to make the switch to Apple Care which gave me immediate access to a great help desk experience. After 20 minutes talking with a lovely young lady, we decided that a lot of the problems that I was having came from two sources:
Third party vendors like Samsung (makers of my unsyncable BlackJack), DigiDesign (makers of MBox 2 Mini and Pro Tools LE) and Microsoft (makers of Office for Mac).
One of the most complicated migrations in history: I had no old computer to transfer from since the whole thing had been fried by my cup of tea. Only the hard drive survived and the transfer software just didn’t know what to do with it.

I am getting a handle on the address and contacts crisis by using a $10 program called Outlook2Mac. It helped me to migrate these critical settings plus my essential mail folders from Outlook. The rest of the files, like documents, pictures and music, I have had to painstakingly drag from a number of drives to the desktop on the Mac. More on the problems with iTunes later.

One critical issue is that I have not been able to connect to my aging HP OfficeJet G85 (yeah, the one that Gary and I bought when XP came out and we had problems with compatibility then!)

I am feeling a lot better now that I have decided that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train!

No comments: